Notice of Privacy Practices
This notice describes how we collect and store information about you, and how we might disclose it.
Statement of HIPAA compliance
As a Business Associate (BA) of HIPAA compliant Covered Entities, we are aware of our obligation to implement effective security and privacy policies that comply with these regulatory standards. To review the measures we have taken to ensure compliance, please see our Compliance and Security Overview.
Statement of 42 CFR part 2 Compliance:
Wherehab is prepared to work with any entity requiring compliance with 42 CFR part 2. Our operating processes and security parameters are designed to protect individual data to the highest reasonable standard.
Wherehab requires explicit authorization and consent to share data within an individual’s support network. Support persons are added to this network by the client themselves. We do not share data on behalf of any client without explicit authorization to do so.
All data are input and reported by the account holder, with the exception of GPS location, which is activated and reported by consent only.
Our application requires an individual login to view scheduled appointments, contacts, or any other data that might be considered sensitive, or identifying the individual as a current or former individual in long term recovery.
We don’t disclose information with any contacts on behalf of our clients without consent, they choose what is shared and with whom. A treatment center will only have access to the data if you consent to their access.
All disclosures to law enforcement are delimited by the requirements set forth in 45 CFR 2.
Introduction to Privacy at Wherehab
As noted in the Terms of Service, Wherehab does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from an individual under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us Personal Information, please contact us email@example.com..
We may share some de-identified Information with third parties, who might help us learn how to provide better support to you. Wherehabwill not access your camera, your contacts, your location, or any other device content without your permission. Wherehabwill never contact others or post to social networks on your behalf without your permission. The following sections explain what information we collect and how we use it.
THE INFORMATION WHEREHAB COLLECTS
The Information Wherehab Collects
Wherehab collects both Personal Information and Anonymous information through the standard operation of the Services. This information is used to identify you as a Wherehab subscriber, track your preferences and settings, and to improve and personalize your experience. Certain information is required for the effective operation of the Services. These types of information are defined in the subparts below and used as described in the corresponding sections.
Some information is collected automatically when you access our Services. Some information we will ask you for, and some information you may provide voluntarily. We will not ask you for information for which there is no relevant purpose, and we will not share information that identifies you with unauthorized third parties. The following section will explain what types of information we collect.
Information you give us.
- In order to use our services, you must sign up for an account. We will ask you for some personal information when you are activating this account, such as your name, your phone number, and your email address. We will also ask you for personal information such as your sobriety date. We use this information to help tailor our services to your needs, and we do not share this information with anyone outside of your approved support network. To add contacts within the Services, we ask for a contact’s phone number. We do not share your contacts with anyone.
- Information we get from your use of our services
- We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them. For example, when you visit our website or log in, we may collect browser data, your IP address, or device specific information, such as the model of your device, your operating system, or your IP address.
- We also collect information that verifies your adherence to your treatment plan, such as your location (discussed below) and your connection routines.
- Location information and GPS tracking
- The Wherehab app uses GPS and location data to allow you to check-in to your activities and support routines. When you check-in to an activity, we record your location using the location services on your device, and the length of your stay. This helps you to stay accountable, and may be required for your support program. This function can be turned off in the settings menu of the application. Please be aware that disabling the GPS tracking may impede the function of the services, and may prevent you from complying with certain terms of your treatment program.
- Information we get from your care providers or treatment centers
- In the event that someone, such as your treatment facility, provides us with information about you, this information is considered private and confidential, and will not be shared with unauthorized third parties unless the information has been aggregated or deidentified (i.e. combined with other information and/or stripped of your personal details so a third party would not be able to know the information is about you or relates to you).
The Information Wherehab Shares
- Aggregate Data: Aggregate data is data that is no longer personally identifiable..
- Personally Identifying information: Wherehab will share your personal information ONLY with those entities you have authorized to view it.
The Information Wherehab Retains:
Once you have ended your Wherehab subscription, your identifying information will be removed from our database of active subscribers. Data that have been collected about you that have been anonymized cannot be removed from aggregate banks, but THESE DATA CANNOT BE USED TO IDENTIFY YOU. De-identified data such as usage history, location data, and other information stored in your account may continue to be used internally for quality improvement research to enhance efficacy, accuracy, development of features and customer experience. Data that are requisitely retained will be retained securely only for the duration of the requirement.
Messaging and Wherehab:
The Wherehab service allows you to send messages to your contacts. Messages are not stored by Wherehab. Text messages you send or receive through the Wherehab services are stored within your phone’s text message application and are not subject to the same protections as data stored within the app. Standard text messaging rates will apply.
Your Account Security
We make every effort to ensure that your data are retained confidentially and securely. We require an account to access our services. Each username is connected to a unique password which allows you to log in to your account. DO NOT SHARE YOUR PASSWORD AND USERNAME WITH ANYONE. You should never allow anyone to access our Services under your username, or share your account with another individual. You are responsible for the uses of the Service associated with your username. We reserve the right to revoke or deactivate your username and password at any time. If you have security concerns, questions, or need to reset your password, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wherehab is not responsible for the actions of those who obtain your content through hacking, etc. Wherehab cannot guarantee your safety and security and you should be aware that submitting any information and using the Services is done at your own risk. DO NOT INCLUDE INFORMATION IN YOUR PUBLIC PROFILE THAT YOU WOULD PREFER TO KEEP PRIVATE. Wherehab is not responsible for the voluntary disclosure of personal information or personally identifying information on any public forum.
Information stored or transferred electronically is never completely secure, so while we, at Wherehab, do our best to protect you and your privacy, please be aware that absolute security cannot be guaranteed by Wherehab.
Safety, Security, and Compliance with Law.
We may disclose any information, including personal information, we deem necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, to enforce our rights, or to protect the safety and security of our Applications or other subscribers.
This agreement will be governed solely by the internal laws of the State of Florida, without reference to any principles of conflicts of law. The parties consent to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts in Palm Beach County, Florida.
If you believe that our policies or practices have been inconsistent with the Privacy law, you may submit complaints to the to email@example.com.
for any reason any provision of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable to any extent, then (a) the provision will be interpreted, construed, or reformed to the extent reasonably required to render the provision valid, enforceable, and consistent with the original intent underlying such provision; (b) the provision will remain in effect to the extent that it is not invalid or unenforceable; and (c) the invalidity or unenforceability of the provision will not affect any other portion of this agreement.
Notification of Changes